Sonic 2 Chemical Factory

DJ_JD

It's interesting. Not bad; but here's my first thoughts.

All your lows a blury. You can't tell where notes start and stop.

The soundscape is very simple with only the lows and one lead sound. It really doesn't seem like you're going for the minimalist sound here, so you need to thicken up the sounds with some harmony.

The drums are pretty weak. Quiet and repetitive. I can't hear any kick at all.

I like the little changes you have, but the structure of the song is pretty close to the original. You'll need to expand on the bits you like and really extend the length.

I suggest bringing in a stronger lead and stronger drums after the first iteration, since it's the more intro-y of the two, the other half just sounds like a repetition of it.

As for sound, what you've got works as an intro, but for a whole track it'd have to be stronger. That's the only direction I see this going at this point. Sure, you could redo the sounds and change the bpm and turn this into something soft, but I think it'd be easier to go loud and rude with it.

Whether stronger means rock, dance, techno, dnb, or something else; I don't know. What can you do? What do you want to do?

Needs some more change, without losing focus, which for the most part seems to be pretty focused, I think anyways. Also need some more instruments, especially a backing. More interesting drums too; you can't just loop a single bar over and over, then expect ppl to dig it. Heh, this reminds me of me when I started off ><

Keep on trying :)