*NO* Super Mario RPG 'Blacksmith's Revenge'

djpretzel

Thought this was pretty dern good, personally... -djp

Hey, a friend directed me to this website after listening to a remix I'm working on and said I should try and submit it. I read through the guidelines, hopefully I didn't miss anything important.

Since I'm a new remixer, here's my info...

--Information--

Mixer Name: atroxumus

Public Email: draxleonis@yahoo.com

Song Title: Blacksmith's Revenge

Game: Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Song Info: This is a remix of the "Smithy Battle" at the end of Super Mario RPG

Genre: Techno, Electronica

Original Composers: Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura

Copyright: Nintendo 1996

Anyways, hope you like what you hear. I'm mostly used to doing strictly original work, so remixing is new territory for me. Thanks

-atroxumus

The panning especially in the beginning is giving me a headache. There's something moving back and forth between the left and right side. This is fairly generic for the genre in my opinion. The latter half is much more solid than the first half at least. But this isn't ready just yet. I feel this drags on too. Pretty nice but needs more work in the concept, mixing and arrangement areas.

NO

Very busy sounding mix, at times I thought the texture was too thick, with all the reverbs and delays going everywhere. Percussion isn't doing much at all, but I suppose if it did there would be even more layers to this. Not bad, but the same synths just going on and on gets tiresome towards the end of the mix.

NO

Needs some more work.