*NO* Final Fantasy 4 'Good Night, Little Princess'

Liontamer

Hi!

I'm Nov/\ (that's my name in the forum of OCRemix). Sorry if I do anything wrong...I'm a begginer in OCRemix and I don't know exactly how works the matter of remixes..I was read the submission standards and structions but I'm not sure if I do it well..hopefully I'm doing it well..

Oh..and sorry, my english is not very good..

Now, let's go to the Remix:

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Remixer name: Nov/\

Email adress: The_LoneWolfie@hotmail.com

Userid: I'm not sure but I think my userid is 28373..if this not match I'm sorry, I'm not sure how I can find it..

So I was watch in the other remixers profile that they have an Artist ID..how works this? you asign one to me when I acomplished my first remix? once again, sorry..I'm a little lost..

SUBMISSION INFORMATION:

Name of game arranged: FINAL FANTASY IV

Name of the song arranged: Rydia's theme

Additional information: well, I called this arrangement "Good night little princess" because I think is soft and it follow a relaxing line..like a pacefull night.. Also, I was inspired in a girl, my best friend, my princess...every night I say good night to her with these words.. She's named Alexandra, and please please..if you accept this arrangement, I wish you say in the comentary that I want dedicate to she this arrangement because she always take care of me, I'm the most lucky man..And then I choose this song to remix, because she loves it..it's a present for she..

About the remix, I was make it with my Live Studio and I use all my guitars: acoustic and electric and a different effects to they. So, I combined this with another Fx effects and a percusion sounds (and more patience) and I think it looks pretty good..

Well that's all..the decision is in your hands..and once again sorry if something is wrong..be patient please, I'm new to this game..

THANKS FOR ALL AND CONGRATS FOR OCREMIX!

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff4 - "Rydia" (ff4-15.spc)

The arrangement was pretty conservative, so I would have loved to have heard more interpretation there; it needs it. But the arrangement had some new supporting instrumentation and a new overall mood, which went in the right direction.

Not bad, except the treble needed to be toned down, the bass seemed to distort, the percussion samples were weak and there was some empty space that needed to be filled out. I'm feeling the guitar arrangement for the most part, but the rest of the execution wasn't as strong. Need to tighten everything up before this one is ready to post.

NO

I'm basically 100% with Larry here. Arrangement was conservative but had some decent support writing, some additional melodic interpretation would really help. Production had more issues than arrangements though. Weak and loud percussion samples, too much treble on the main guitars and all instruments occupying the same space in the mix.

You show promise but need to tighten this up for me to comfortably pass it. Work on the mixing, compare it to other stuff we're posting nowadays, and perhaps flesh out the arrangement a bit more.

NO(resubmit)

Very sweet story. :-)

The guitar playing is very nice in this, and there are some nice, subtle changes to the original, but as the other judges have mentioned, there are a few issues.

The drums are really loud and dry sounding. They are totally up front, when they should mesh with the background more. I can see what you were going for with the sortof drum machine sound, but it needs to sit better in the soundfield to work.

The arrangement is pretty close to the original, with a solo section added in, and those aforementioned minor chord changes, it's definitely personalized, but I think to be closer to the OCR goal, some additional arrangement would be needed. Combined with some of the rough production, it needs a little more work before I can pass it.

no