Trying something new

Nubioso

So I guess a little inspired by IAMX's song "President", I wanted to just play around and do something a little different. A friend of mine is letting me borrow his keyboard which actually has pitch bend, mod wheel, and velocity sensitive notes, whereas my keyboard before did not. I know I know, such a small thing to get excited about!

Anywho, so in my time trying the new keyboard I made this short little diddy.

Please take a listen and tell me what you think. I didn't put a whole lot of time into it, and it's not really meant to be something super awesome, perfect, and serious, but all comments welcome.

DJ Bubble Face - Waltz of the Magic Kingdom

stats.png

Hey man. This is decent. I like the tone. It reminds me of a really old kinda mob movie. The piano has a very nice sounding tone to it and it seems the keyboard is doing its job just nicely.

Its funny, cause once you use a keyboard with mod/pitch wheels and velocity sensitive notes its hard to use any other style keyboard. I have a keyboard with all the bells and whistles but have been neglecting it for my guitar recently. That's probably ok, cause i'm a hell of a lot better at guitar then the keyboard.

Still, its nice little diddy that you threw together and i'm interested in what else you've got planned with your newly "acquired" keyboard. :D

Hey man. This is decent. I like the tone. It reminds me of a really old kinda mob movie. The piano has a very nice sounding tone to it and it seems the keyboard is doing its job just nicely.

Its funny, cause once you use a keyboard with mod/pitch wheels and velocity sensitive notes its hard to use any other style keyboard. I have a keyboard with all the bells and whistles but have been neglecting it for my guitar recently. That's probably ok, cause i'm a hell of a lot better at guitar then the keyboard.

Still, its nice little diddy that you threw together and i'm interested in what else you've got planned with your newly "acquired" keyboard. :D

Don't know, there's a couple remixes I have planned that I have still yet to even begin on, so it'll probably help for that. I'm really excited to work with my omnisphere synths because a lot of their sounds vary GREATLY with the modwheel and velocity. Some of theirs are two samples that blend together with use of the modwheel so that'll help a lot.

I know you what you mean about neglecting instruments for another though....my guitars have been neglected for a while for lots of keyboard and MIDI composition lol. But...as you say except in reverse....that's probably OK, cause I'm better at keyboard than guitar =P