*NO* Lagoon 'Dissolving Lagoon'

djpretzel

this is pretty lacking in content. i really had to try and listen to this, it's so uninteresting it takes conscious effort to listen to without being distracted. makes me feel like i have ADD...

in addition, there are some painful high frequency feedback loops on the glassy sounding instrument.

i'm not familiar with the original, but even if there is sufficient variation this mix has problems that prevent it from being ocr material.

no

Yeah, I'm pretty much in agreement with analoq. I actually really wanted to like this one because of the source material, and there were a few sections that I thought were fairly enjoyable. But for the most part the arrangement is too sparse and repetitive- and as was mentioned some of the higher pitched sounds were quite distracting.

NO

I'm in agreement with the other judges. Like Israfel, I really was hoping for something here given the material of the mix. This is simply too sparse and simple. If you want to do something in this nature, there really needs to be more layers and softer instruments going on. What makes this kind of mix so hard to pull of is attention to the smallest of details. The high pitched crystalline/glass sounds are also very hard on the ears. I did enjoy several sections of this mix, but there just are too many problems to let this pass.

NO