My Doom 2 Remix

Alright. This is a VERY interesting mix, and by interesting, i mean not very well produced. You've got all the parts down but there's a lot of fixing up needed here.

First off, that midi/electronic guitar thing is very loud and abrasive. You could try turning it down a lot so its there but not overwhelming. Actually, you should turn the whole mix down a couple clicks. However, i noticed there's really no clipping or distorted parts due to bad volumes/effects. So that's a major plus on your part. That weird chorus/singing part is a little odd. I think maybe adding some reverb and very nice delay could help that out. That drum beat is a little repetitive, but i know your going for what the original sounded like. Switching up the beat every now and then would help diversify it. Maybe add a an extra bass drum kick here and there. I can't tell if there's a bass line or not, but adding one wouldn't hurt the track either. Those sound effects that jump around here and there aren't too bad either, but i think maybe adding a phaser or flanger to it might make them more distinct and not just jump out at you.

The overall track kinda gets repetitive, but that can be easily fixed. Try adding a verse or so in between where its just the drum beat with maybe a nice bass line. Also adding a breakdown before the last part would be nice. Adding a solo might be too much to handle right now, but that would be kinda cool too.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing your mix. Believe me. I've been there, but i'm not at all making fun of your mix buddy.

All in all, it has potential, but needs some work my friend. It'll get there in time.

Terrible "guitar" tone, really fakey choir...

The stuff behind those sounds ok, but it's hard to judge since those are really hogging all the attention and aren't good enough to do that in a good way. Finding yourself better sounds for those two parts should solve a lot of the problems with this mix, but just using better sounds isn't gonna be enough as you might end up with too loud or too soft (or just unfitting) sounds. Listen to music with whatever production ears you've got, try to hear how it's _mixed_, how the sounds fit together, how loud they all are, what frequencies stand out on each of them. Learning to listen is probably the most important step in making music.