Ace Attorney 3: Investigation Mid 2004 Remix

ÆI.

...ok, I've half-finished my first remix ever...

I can't seem to find the source online, but the title of the track is Investigation ~ Middle 2004 from Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations.

The remix is at http://www.magix.info/us/investigation-evolution.audio.38089.html...

I haven't actually done a proper intro, I just stuck something there, and the last minute or so is just copy, paste and change a little, so I might change that too. Other than that, I don't think I've done any mixing or mastering, and I might add some dynamics...

I've got a faint idea of what I'm going to do next, but as for the mixing/mastering...I'm pretty clueless in that area...

No source link, no source comment. Can't tell if this is a good source or if you've done a good arrangement for it... or both. In any case, I kind'a like it.

This sounds really raw, as in unrefined, unprocessed. best advice I can give you is to listen to similar songs and remixes and compare their sound. Also, take a backup, play with the effects if you don't know what they do. If you do know, start using them. Reverb to give space and ambience, volume to bring out the right tracks, EQ to separate them and also to bring out the right tracks and to subdue the ones that don't need to be foreground.

That's really all the mixing info you need: listen and compare, change volumes, change EQ and/or add reverb where necessary... :D Good luck with it.

I listened to the whole thing.

I don't want to go into detail, but I did notice that the "drum" in the background is lacking "treble". In other words, it sounds a bit muffled, as though the drum were being played in a glass tank. As for your mixing concerns...all that entails is making sure the volume and panning of the instruments is correct and sounds great as well as the effects such as reverb/bass/treble/freq/res. Razovian knows what he is talkin about. I would definatly check out some other remixes and really listen to the effects and volume of the instruments played to get an understanding. Im not familiar with the original track, but your track sounds good

lol, your link is screwed up. This should work.

Some sudden transitions, some sounds standing out the wrong way, not enough click in the bass drum, piano is a little thin, higher strings sound a little weak and would sound better if you can humanize them. Brass, especially trumpet, sound like it's coming from a small radio under a pillow, doesn't seem to have the necessary highs and lows to break through. Softer brass has a different sound than loud, so either change the sound (if you don't have soft trumpet for when it's in the background, use woodwinds) or change the EQ. perhaps reverb can help you with that part too.

If last version was raw, unprocessed, this is a big step up in mix quality. Not done yet, but definitely a step on the way. Nice work.