*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Sealed'

djpretzel

Hello!

I've been mixing for quite a while and have a couple of songs I thought I'd submit. Although I do only have 2 songs that fit under the 6 mb limit.

Anyway, this is my first song, the one that is of most importance to me.

I did write a song lyric for it, but it was too long since I sang =(

Please let me know when I can delete it from my server!

Thanks, Theodor Berg, Sweden.

amateurish.

the melody is too quiet, the drums are too prominent, and they dont ever vary.

the synth chords are incredibly lifeless, they are just held for two measures. there is nothing going on rhythmically.

also, there are some changes that really dont fit. i dont like the artistic liberties taken. this just needs more interesting rhythms and...well...better notes.

NO

I love the idea behind this, but there's some execution problems here.

The lead is too quiet, and there's some mixing problems here. The volume levels of the different instruments is very messed up. Better attention paid to these aspects, as well as mastering would yield significantly better results.

Right now everything but the lead sounds so thick, while the lead sounds so thin. Making for an unbalanced sound. Slightly too bottom heavy also. Some eq work is in order as well.

Also I think this is too loud. Everything is constantly loud. At least, make the pads a bit softer and change in dynamics. This isn't pop music. Let your music breath.

Please work on this a little more and consider resubmitting, I enjoy the concepts and style of this mix.

NO