*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'A Stroll in the Wood'

djpretzel

Hey there, I know you're busy, so I'll keep it short.

Original Song: "Forest Interlude" - Enchanted Wood

Remix Title: A Stroll in the Wood

Remix URL:

Remix Format: mp3 :: 5.90 MB :: 196kbps VBR

ReMixer Name: TriforceOfMusic

Email: triforceofmusic@triforceofmusic.com

-- Sid

Thanks for your time.

I really like the synth lead and harmony's discotheque sound - cool stuff. Unfortunately, the other samples used are cookie-cutter fruity stuff with little sound manipulation to engage the listener. On the composition side, this piece falls apart with an autopilot kick and a sax and bassline that's all over the place. Not a bad arrangement of a most excellent original, but it has as much form and structure as an amoeba; quite messy.

There are some good ideas here that need to be sorted from this jumble. NO

The :20 intro was cool. Thats the best part of the remix. If only the rest of the song could be that cool, alas.

As vig stated, this song simplified the chord structure from the original.

As the song progressed, everything got excessively simplistic and odd.

Good ideas, but work on that sound quality, arrangement, innovation.

NO

If you mixed in DKC with some kind of anime music like Fushigi Yugi, this might be the result. I think I'll borrow a page out of the wingless book, and be a patron saint of second chances with this one.

There is something that speaks to me with this mix, there is some kind of emotion here that I can't deny. The ugly trance bass sounds bad. But the pads and the beautiful synth lead are just so inviting and pleasant. The vibes add a nice touch of serenity as well.

Not a great mix and I am borderline on this, but there is a lot of heart in this simple mix that makes it a YES for me. I am definitely keeping this.

I don't mind the bass sound so much.

Some balance issues in this one concerning the instrumentation, though. Those strings could be made a bit quieter after a while. The drums are kind of in-your-face, which I wouldn't mind so much if the samples didn't suck. That hi-hat is too loud, and that kick sound is annoying.

Most of the first two minutes of this mix sounds like it's just going through the motions; it doesn't really have a direction. The drum break in the latter half isn't bad, but the samples take some of the fun out of it.

NO