FF6 Searching for Friends Remix WIP

DjBjra

You know, this is actually quite good. Most of the sounds are good quality and production is very good. I was worried it would be too conservative, but you started changing things up more as it went along - so no worries there.

That said, the drum beat is good (I like the filtered fills you used), but I'd like to see some more variation. It stays on autopilot for quite a long time throughout. I heard a couple times it was filtered, but it's still the same beat playing throughout. If it's a loop, slice it up and change up the rhythms, get a nice groove going.

At the 2:09, it starts to feel like just a rehash of :52. Not a significant enough contrast between the two to keep it interesting IMO. It IS a really nice section though, I like the lead and the pads behind are very nice.

Not necessary, but I'd like to hear a bit more presence on the bass; maybe some more high end or something. It's filling out the bottom, but the bass moves a lot in the original and plays a significant role. Maybe consider changing it up to a more interesting patch and letting it stand out a bit more. Vary up the writing too if you're going to do that.

Uh oh, repeat territory again. At the moment, you don't have enough material/ideas for 4:20 worth of song. Either need to make some cuts of the note-for-note repeated sections, or make some significant changes to keep things fresh. It sounds like a large portion of the second half is verbatim repeats.

Overall, great sound and feel here, but it still needs further development in the arrangement department.