Hi, I am new and would like some advice

KeybladeMaster

Hi everyone, as you can tell, I am new to the forums, but have been enjoying OC Remix for quite some time. I've always wanted to see (and maybe even make) songs that are interpretations of all my favorite games. This site has really helped to motivate me.

So, after awhile of just enjoying the music here, I have decided to try my hand in making some. Although, I do need some advice. All the orchestral (did I spell it right?) arrangements are very cool, and would have been my preferred way to remix, but I dont have any sort of access to such a resource, and I doubt that I could first create music for a whole orchestra and then conduct it.

Thus, I have decided to go for another genre I love, and do some techno-ish stuff. Basically the stuff bLiNd does (but no worries, I wont copy ^^). So I was wondering if anyone out there had software (prefferably free - I have a very limited budget right now) they could reccomend to me. I use Vista as my OS, just incase you wanted to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I love this site and the people who contribute to it!!! <3

there's this cool thing called the site search function.

of course, you could have just looked at the forum descriptions, which would have told you that workshop is where people go to learn this stuff. inside of workshop there's threads like zircon's 'mixing for free' and nutritious's free orchestral setup thread. since it's pretty obvious that you don't really know anything about music as it is (you do know that we've only got one live classical [i believe you called it 'orchestral'] mix on the site, and the rest are synthesized, right?), you want to get some theory background first to understand what it is you're actually trying to do.

it's cool that you're new, but we expect even new people to do their 'research' before they post and ask us to teach them what really is better learned by yourself.

Sorry about not searching. I tend to get over-eager and not think things through when I get an cool idea. Now I've gone and made a bad impression...could you forgive me? :puppyeyes:

And, yeah, I have a pretty minimal education in music, I can read the sheets and appreciate the difficultly of making it. Although I used to play the French Horn...

I did not realize that most of the classical pieces on this site are synthesized. Thanks for the info.

I'll do my best to calm down and search before I post again. Thanks for the reminder. And thanks for the welcome.