Fatal Frame

Schwaltzvald

So hey recently some one sent me in the mail a copy of Fatal Frame for the PS2. Oddly enough no return address but nonetheless I unpacked it and started a first try last night. Despite the Silent Hill/Resident Evil control and main characters moving even slower than the characters of the former series mentioned.

It is awesome...

Oh yeah I did this at least once...

YOUWOUNDMEMINI.jpg

Why can't more titles do this..? (Deadspace exempt as it did pretty good)

What's scary is that you were sent one of the greatest survival-horror games that's literally brimming with eerie atmosphere in the mail...for free...with no return address.

It really is shitting-pants scary. It's a game where you feel every battle you have you're going die in, and you're so helpless because your only weapon is a FREAKING CAMERA! A camera that does more damage the closer the ghost gets to you, and the closer it gets the scarier it looks!

AH! I both want to and don't want to play it again right now.

I actually welcome them coming up to me so I can shotgun it via camera as it would be almost like grazing bullets. My only issue is that sometimes they can be too fast or I don't see them quickly enough and fuck up hard, especially in close quarters.

Running in Fatal Frame... huge LOL; I'd be lucky enough to scramble away quickly enough let alone run from them.

Just did another hour attempting my first try, with no guide (official or gamefaqy) and only running on bits of adrenaline, gamer instinct (like going down a certain hall despite a nice variety of doors available and open), with only the dim light of the TV, speakers emiting the horrid sounds, a small led lantern to aid me while I write down anything that I deem important.

Especially the damned Kanji that represents the numbers and other certain numbers...

Okay so, I've managed to survive "The Strangle" chapter and am now at the "Demon Tag" chapter. Much like in Silent Hill the entire place, after I revived, seem like I've NEVER FUCKING EXPLORED IT. Good indicator being my map of the place now looks like it has no marks where what door I had used had ever been opened.

To make matters worse I fucked up once and got killed by the damned kid when I released it from the well. Little fucker was fast...

Crimson butterfly scared me a lot more than the first one. Also, the idea for the ghost radio is genius, as it really tempts people to get themselves more frightened. And yet the fourth game in the series isn't coming over here. Ever.

You could always import a Japanese Wii and the game or "jailbreak" for lack of a better term your Wii and just import the game...

Besides I'm hoping they re-release it for the PS3 as a much better edition.