*NO* Rush'n Attack 'The March'

djpretzel

Hi Pretzel

I have made a techno’ish kind of a remix of the Stage1 theme from the NES classic Rush n’ Attack.

The remix is kind of straight forward, I don’t know why I made it that way, but I think it makes the mix more true to the original song.

I have tried to make a techno song, but with drums to give it a little more of a marching feel to it, all trough, I think the song have a marching beat to it from the original. This is how I also came up with the name for the song; The March.

As well as the original melody is in there, I have also made some new stuff going on in the song. As a bonus I included the explosion and the alarm from the game.

Cheers

//Jonas Hellberg

Remixer: xanax

Email: xanax@home.se

This is a little rough around the edges. Could use some reverb in some places, and in some areas it sounds bare.

It has a lot of strong ideas, but the bass is really hurting the overall sound. it's just too dirty. i'd like to hear this with a little more subtlety in some places. this is a little too in-your-face right now.

NO

Starting at :40 and up, the melody is way hollow. Lead over dnb. No real accompany until 1:00. Stuff like that is kinda grating.

Cool processing later one. Detuned saws kinda annoying. Theres clipping.

I really like the arrangement later on. The real problem here is that the instruments are somewhat floody. I never thought detuned saws were good for accompany like this.

This mix really could be better with more work. It needs to 'rock more'. Thats all I can really say. Its one step from oc quality. It needs that extra leap.

NO

I agree with Vig and Prot. This is almost there. Almost.

I really like that triplet feel you kept from the original; the drum beat is pretty hot, although a bit busy at times. The timpani's are cool and make a nice addition to the texture of the song. Pretty good development there too.

Like Vig said though, it's pretty in your face most of the time. It needs a bit more subtlety to it. Take a look at your levels and try to balance things out a bit more. What really struck me about this mix was that the percussion was king of loud.

It's also a bit sparse, consider some nice smooth pads or something to add harmonic support and balance out the harsher sounds of the mix.

I like what you've got here, but I think that this mix could be a lot better with a little more work. NO, for now.

I like this mix. I'm going to say no because of the mixing itself (the instrument levels etc.). Every instument needs to know it's place, and they're all trying to take centre stage. It makes the song sound like you're a beginner. Just a bit more work on this one, and it'll defintely be a yes from me.

NO