Metroid 2

Darren1986

Apologies if this is not set out in the correct way or form, however I would like to request some Metroid 2 remixes or a complete Metroid 2 rescore. My reasons for this are quite simple. Metroid 2 is an important and vital story to the Metroid franchise, and this game is under appreciated and the black sheep of the franchise. My hope is that recreating the music, bringing it up to date with the distinct Metroid feel that I as a fan have come to know and love.

Of course, there are already many Metroid 2 remixes out there, a few of my favourites are from Big Giant Circles and his excellent take on the ending theme, 'Anthem of a Metroid Hunter' and Richter's 'Surface Runner 388'. There are many themes that people would claim are just beeps, however this is completely untrue, if you listen closely enough you can hear something.

The best case scenario would be a re-score of Metroid 2 which people will listen to and have an interest in playing the game. This could be a challenge, but lets have a show of hands and see what you can come up with. If anyone can do it, i'm sure OCRemix can!

Thanks very much!

P.S Although not to the standard of you guys, I did try myself to recreate the Dome theme, please check out my remix on Metroid Database titled 'Dome' under Metroid 2 remixes in the fan section!

Heh, coming from you of all people, that really means a lot. I am nowhere near a standard where I could compare myself to you guys. However I made it because I had an idea and an inspiration, and I love Metroid, and I love creating music. I really hope someone is willing to take on these requests and make something of it :)

There are many themes that people would claim are just beeps, however this is completely untrue, if you listen closely enough you can hear something.

I certainly did.

http://soundtempest.net/soc/remix/OverCoat%20-%20Metroid%202%20-%20Omega.mp3

this is a couple years old but it's aged better than most of my other stuff.

I thought about doing the ruins music as well but never got around to it.

Perhaps you'd be the first person to contribute to this? ;)

I'd also love to chat with you about Omega, it's one of the tracks i'd love to remake. I've got an idea in my head that I feel would really work, but it's just the case of getting it out of my mind and down into Fruity Loops. I'd like to chat with you at some point if that's possible? You did a great job with Omega and I like the style you took, it's the closest anyone has got with that theme.

on an unrelated note, but still relevant to Metroid 2, wasn't someone doing a remake of this a while ago? I haven't heard anything of it in quite a while, but it sure would be nice if there was.

on a more related note, one of these days I would like to dig out my old "Anthem" project file and revisit it with my newer plugins. I think I could doctor it up into something with a little more polish, and definitely do better than FL Slayer for the guitar nowadays :)

Is that what you call it? Dome? I always called them the ruins.

I don't actually have any ideas for Dome, I just thought MAYBE I SHOULD REMIX THE SONG THAT PLAYS IN THE RUINS SOMETIME

I dunno

ORLY? K >_> (yeah, Dome or Secrets of the Chozo)

Anyway, i'd really welcome you to give it a go, you did a great job with Omega..although I wish it sounded more like the theme itself..

My idea for this soundtrack is that Samus starts off with a nice, calm and realxing tunnel theme, going deeper down into the depths of SR388, facing off against Zeta Metroids and the like, and then as she continues on, it should get darker and more sinister. Samus is alone on that planet, with no forms of communication and no way to get help. She isn't entirely sure what she should expect and the music should reflect that. Towards the end I want the music to be sinister, dark and evil, right up to the final epic battle against the Queen Metroid. Then there is a bit of hope in the music that breaks as she meets the baby Metroid and escapes SR388.

Then, if Big Giant Circles wants to contribute a newer version of his incredible Anthem of a Metroid Hunter theme, that'd be awesome too!

Instrument wise, choir has always been a big part of Metroid throughout the games, I use a little of it in my Dome theme, I think it sounds great. Problem is, there aren't many out there that sound great digitally :(

Of course, all ideas right now, i'd love to hear from anyone else that would possibly be interested!

Edit: After a chat in the OCRemix chat, I think the best thing for this idea of mine would be to just request one or two songs rather than trying to organise something too big without any real idea of what i'd like or what would work. So I would like to request versions of these themes:

Secrets of the Chozo:

Omega Depths:

Just go with it and see what you can come up with, i'd rather have more Metroid 2 remixes than something that may fail. Perhaps post some short clips of what you can come up with and see how it goes?

Sorry I can't really think straight tonight, I think i'll be off to bed x.x