Zelda 64 Gerudo Valley remix ID help

Liontamer

This is for a Twitter fan:

@cosleia There was once an remix of Gerudo Valley that brought me more delight than any other. It appears to be gone now :( Unfortunately, all I can remember is that it started out with the little intro melody (a la GerudoJV) and then went into a little scraping-sounding interlude before going into the main theme.

She thought it was from OCR, and it was made sometime at or before 2005. Feel free to double-check our stuff, but it could have been from VGMix.

Thanks for anyone that can help.

EDIT: She says it's definitely not an OC ReMix, so VGMix or Newgrounds are the best bets to look at. Let's keep looking!

Just in case no one has thought to check, here's a link to all the Gerudo Valley remixes on the site (sorted by date).

http://www.ocremix.org/song/30?&offset=0&sort=datedesc

Maybe it was Falling Back? Tweeter probably would have mentioned something about vocals though.

EDIT: There don't seem to be any Ocarina of Time remixes on OC Removed, however it says Lockdown 2 hasn't been uploaded yet. That happened around 2005, didn't it?

EDIT 2 REVENGE OF THE EDIT: Re-tweetposted the request at VGMix. Link

We have confirmed through the changelog and through me downloading all current OC ReMixes of Gerudo Valley that the piece was never posted here. I have no idea where I may have gotten it. I looked over at VGMix, but none of the remixes of Gerudo Valley they currently have are the one I remember.

There were no vocals in the track. It had the quick little intro, then a sort of shuffling or scraping that was more percussion than melody, and then it went into the main theme.

Thanks so much for your help!

VG Mix got hacked big time around 2006, and the website was pretty much shut down. They threw a forum up in 2008, but the site still hasn't recovered. The vast majority of remixes they had prior to the attack still haven't been posted back onto the site. They are waiting for a more official launch (in the indefinite future) to start uploading stuff again. Though, from what I understand, people on their forums still have a lot of the tunes in their personal collections.

I guess what I'm saying is that the selection you saw at VG Mix was most likely an extremely incomplete one. It's still very possible that it is an old VG Mix song, and if so, someone over there probably has it.