My first own rendition of "Inside Ganon's Castle" from OOT

Orochimanda

Hello everyone, I am a new French user in this forum (so my apologies for my English)

I recently made an orchestrated version of "Inside Ganon's Castle" (because I really love this song and other ganon's theme) with Reason 4 and Adobe Audition. I arranged the MIDI file of this song, and this is the final result (however I regret I can't add some choirs, with Symphonic Choirs for example, it would be great). Here the link:

:arrow:

(Youtube has slightly distorted the quality of the sound :|)

I hope you will enjoy my first rendition. I really love OCRemix for all their stuff!

Critics are welcome :mrgreen:

Hoping to speak to you very soon ;-)

The organ sample is pretty..... chunky? Thats the closest I can come to it. Its pretty muddy and not very clear. Additionally the song itself doesn't really go anywhere for a while. I like the middle and some of the stuff you do around 2:40, but I wouldn't be surprised if this got rejected outright.

I didn't hate your rendition, btw, but in the grand scheme of things this is not how you do an organ version of something. Solo organ is pretty hard to do really well in the first place.

Here's a really good example of solo organ. I think the sample you had sounds decent enough, but your mixing it needs a lot of work. Using this as an example may help you get a clearer organ sound and balance, plus what to do for the actual music (cascades and arpeggiations and so forth).

Expect it will take time. All the good tracks usually do.

I can't fucking believe this. I'd have thought with all the servers Youtube have they'd at least be able to balance and manage the traffic load while they're performing maintenance... what kind of monkeys do they have running that place?

http://www.soundcloud.com/

http://fireslash.ocrwip.com/

http://www.tindeck.com/

It's not good to use youtube. It destroys the original quality.

It will hurt a lot on the WIP forum and it'll definitely hurt a lot when it's in the judging process.

Try those hosting sites I just provided.

That intro sounds a little messy... like Meteo just said, try watching or listening to some organ music.

Thanks for your comments, btw, I usually listen organ music, and I love pipe organ, I know that my song is not realistic, but I don't know where to get some nice church organ VSTi, or software. The one'sample that I used in Reason 4 was the best organ sample... That's why I can't do my best to remix this song. I'm sorry for posting my tune on youtube, I was just a preview for you... :? Because I planned to remake this orchestration better than now !

darkmaster987 >> There's no point in getting excited about this... Stay calm, everything will be better 8-)

Thanks for your comments, btw, I usually listen organ music, and I love pipe organ, I know that my song is not realistic, but I don't know where to get some nice church organ VSTi, or software. The one'sample that I used in Reason 4 was the best organ sample... That's why I can't do my best to remix this song. I'm sorry for posting my tune on youtube, I was just a preview for you... :? Because I planned to remake this orchestration better than now !

darkmaster987 >> There's no point in getting excited about this... Stay calm, everything will be better 8-)

I don't really think that any samples included with a DAW are top notch... there are lots of free VST's out there.

If not, use soundfonts. 8)

What are you apologizing for? You're just newb, thats all. I'm still largely newb myself. You do and you learn from it, hopefully.

I know just saying "listen to more organ music" sounds repulsively annoying to someone who wants real advice on how to fix it, but what this does, by extreme and dedicated analysis, you will be able to pick up and what your sound does wrong. Music, even for professionals in a lot of cases, is trial and error, so you're not doing that much wrong right now that I can see, you're just at the starting point.

Keeping listening, keep practicing, keep stressing, keep going. Thats how you learn.

If you can, pick up whatever music seminars and classes at the local something or other too. You could even go so far as to hire a composer to help you learn how to do it right maybe, if you were so inclined.