Palpable

Remixer Name: Sivvus

Email: sivvus_leanne@hotmail.co.uk

UserID: 23473

Game Arranged: Final Fantasy VII

Song Arranged: "Anxious Heart"

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 104 "Anxious Heart"

For starters, definitely too soft. After I cranked up my speakers, I found myself enjoying the mood of the arrangement and the set of instruments. The writing is a little directionless with some off-notes at times, but parts of it work. Two big problems with the production: the sequencing on the instruments is rigid, the strings especially; a few of the instruments are too dry and don't sound integrated into the soundscape. This would take some major rework in order to pass, but it would make you a better remixer just to try, so why not?

NO

Palpable basically summed it up. The instruments lack depth and at times sound mechanical, strings and piano especially. Some odd notes here and there but mainly the arrangement lacked direction. Production-wise it was crowded and the instruments clashed, many lower frequencies a bit sparse higher up. The mood was good and I could see the concept working well but the execution was lacking.

Try checking out some basic tutorials on music production and work some more on your writing. The Workspace forum is a decent place to start!

NO

Sequencing was too mechanical, particularly the strings. The textures had some promise, but were too flimsy; pad out the back and bring some fullness and high frequencies to the instrumentation. The arrangement had a somewhat interesting approach, using the source as a background element via the pad and adding new writing for the leads that had some interplay with the source. The execution was just sloppy like the others pointed out. You've got a ways to go before you're making something truly decent, Vivien, but please keep at it. The concept is at least better than many other rejections, so just keep working on the fundamentals.

NO