*NO* Morrowind 'Megacheese'

djpretzel

Note - though he describes a klonoa mix, what's there is Morrowind, so we're judging that, I guess :) -djp

djpretzel,

Howdy! A friend reccommmended your site, and I'm diggin' it. Anyway, I've been making music as a hobby for a while now, and your site inspired me to make a remix of one of my favorite games, Klonoa.

I've included the URL below, so if you get a moment, please check it out. I noticed that no one has done any Klonoa remixes, and that's a crying shame!

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work on the site!

Sincerely,

"Stiz 9"

Mike Weinstein

This song: You there!

Me: Yes, sir?

This song: N*gage tha PHAT B33TZ, post haste, lest my cane find your backside!!

Me: Aye, aye, captain!

(Enter: this mix)

I just think it's terribly funny to techno this song up. The visual image alone (thousands of Balmora citizens with glowsticks and a healthy dosing of exstacy [sic] grooving under the red and white moons) is comical.

But mad repitition and crazy-ass ingame voice-samples will not save all of Morrowind from the scourge of Corprus. It's text-book techno, something we get a bit of flak for. But we as judges also get flak for carping a genre, and not the technical prowess of the song itself. To this end, there really isn't much beyond the main doo-dee-doo theme and mad-drumming. There are no variations, no permutations, no risks.

No, you N'wah

• 2 weeks later...

for the first 50 seconds of this track i was totally ready to start bouncing up and down and flailing my arms wildly and forget about the $40 i spent to get into this rave. at about :50 the melody comes in and man am i disappointed. weak. the rest of the track doesn't get any better than the intro so overall this leaves me pretty unsatisfied. offer the listener more.

no

Covered by the other judges. Very cool vocal effects. I think at times the mix gets a bit too cluttered for my tastes. Not bad at all. I completely agree that the beginning was great, but after that it started to lose the energy and cool factor. This is very promising, I think you should take a second effort with this mix. The ending is very weak it just ends. There's also an annoying click/pop at the very end.

NO