*NO* Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit 'Aquilla 303 (Futuret Rave Mix)'

Palpable

Song: Aquilla 303- Aquantick (Futuret Rave Mix)

Remixer: DJ Lamborghini Turbofire

WebPage: http://srcorp.multiply.com

UserID: 26029

Game: Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit

Song: Aquilla 303 (Race Track Atlantica/Acuantica trax Techno Ver.)

Composted by: Rom Di Prisco (Electronic Arts.)

Game System: Play Station One

A remix of this trax style future rave.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Though the source melodies were used in somewhat interesting ways, those usages just repeated and repeated. The arrangement seemed to drag in that respect. Automated processing on those parts might have compensated for the repetition, but there wasn't a lot here. Some of the original writing clashes too, not a great addition. :-|

It also seemed pretty loud, though that's an easier fix. I think the arrangement not having enough variety is what's gonna make this a

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds used were pretty generic, which in itself isn't really a huge deal, but the writing was pretty simplistic and basic, as well as repetitive. There is some decent energy once everything is firing, but the lead in was somewhat slow to get there, and it seemed like the entire track was on autopilot.

The percussion sounds good once layered, but it sounds like a super short loop and needs to be varied quite a bit more to stay interesting.

I do hope you try to fix this up and resubmit, because your remixer name is AMAZING.

no

BGC: this need for speed source is hot

BGC: haven't listened to the remix yet but I'm skeptical he can do much with this

BGC: it's a pretty straight-up groove track so far

BGC: not really any melody to speak of

That pretty much says it all, I'm afraid. Remix isn't terrible, but I honestly don't think that it will be easy to get a remix of this track on the site, unfortunately. I'm sure it can be done, but it'll be an uphill battle, I guarantee.

Couple things specifically, the remix is waaay too loud. Also, there were various places where you had a MAJOR progression playing overtop a MINOR structure, and with harshness only being a byproduct of my bluntness, it sounded pretty horrible. Palpable vaguely addressed this when he said some of the parts were "clashing", and they certainly are. Anyway, you should know all the places I'm talking about, but I believe 1:50 is the first of several occurrences.

So basically volume issues + "clashing" writing + lots of repetition + a source that doesn't offer much melody anyway = :(

NO