Casey Carlson accepting music submissions - got this in the email.

Meteo Xavier

A long time ago I signed up for the John Lennon Songwriting Contest thing and every once in a while I get emails from them on various things - its sort of become its own music corporation now.

Today I got something from them, on behalf of Broadjam.com, that says Casey Carlson, who is apparently an American Idol semi-finalist, is open to accepting music from all artists (though she's looking for pop, country).

Here's the message I got:

"Submit music to American Idol semi-finalist!

Broadjam.com, a social media website specializing in services for musicians, is accepting song submissions on behalf of American Idol Season Eight semi-finalist Casey Carlson. Casey is looking for pop and country songs to record for her upcoming album, and has opened her search to include songs from all musical artists.

Submit music to Casey Carlson on Broadjam.com

Not a Broadjam.com member? As a proud sponsor of the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus and John Lennon Songwriting Contest, Broadjam.com is offering all visitors and friends of the bus and contest a full Broadjam membership without charge - a 12-month MoB membership ($50 value)! Use this membership to submit to Casey or to other music licensing opportunities on Broadjam.com

To get your membership, use this promotional code at checkout: LENNON2009

If you're not a musician, you can sign up for a no-cost Fan Membership.

What is Broadjam.com? It is a social media website focused on indie music and musicians. The site features free music promotion for bands and musicians, as well as music licensing opportunities and music contests. Check out some music licensing success stories here!

We look forward to seeing and hearing you on Broadjam.com!"

Broadjam looks kind of interesting - I wonder if anyone from here's on it.

Anyway, I just thought this would be interesting to the community and our own singer-songwriters. :)