Rush N' Attack - Orchestrated

beckett007

Just finished this one up and submitted it. Personally I think it's my best remix to date... what do you guys think? Much like all of my other remixes here at OCR, this one was updated, reorchestrated, and made to sound like an epic film score... enjoy!

http://www.richdouglas.net/ocr/RushNAttack_Invasion_RichDouglas.mp3

Rich

There's things about this that are really cool. Like, really awesome. Sort of thing that makes you think "This is the TRUE version of this track." Other things though, like the opening, are just a little confusing to my ear. Can't really tell what's going on, and it doesn't really flow in with the rest of the mix. I would love to hear it go on a little longer with a little more embellishment of the main theme. Thought it would be cool to hear a more peaceful interlude based on the theme, and then have the war-like brass come in again and blow it away; you know, that kind of thing.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this and good luck with the sub.

Sounding fantastic - but hey you're in the industry, so you know what you're doing ;). Listening, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like some low/low-mid range freqs are rolled off on a lot of instruments. Is this intentional to make room for some of the percs and low strings/brass? Just personally curious.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really nice. I love near the beginning with the bitey brass followed by sweeping strings. The choir on top of it all is really nice, too. Cool when everything kicks in too - really nice comopsing. Out of curiosity, what sample libraries do you use? Also, same from as the previous poster asked - sounds like a lot of low/mid freqs have been reduced - is this intended?