*NO* Kingdom Hearts 2 'Ambient Sanctuary'

Palpable

This song is titled Ambient Sanctuary.

It's a cover of Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts 2.

My project is titled Mute City Radio.

Hope you can enjoy it.

Please forgive the 6.2 meg size.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The intro was a little rough, but once the drums and vocals came in, it actually sounded pretty cool. Great set of instruments, good effects. However, I thought the overall track was pretty similar to the original, even though everything was redone. The vocal is kept intact right down to the reversed parts, the bells follow the original, the drums sound similar but the rhythm is changing up. Mood is pretty much the same. There's a brand-new part here and there, but the changes are pretty minimal and I think the mix is more of a cover than an arrangement. I also thought the cutting and pasting of the vocal for each chorus took away from the natural changes you get in a vocal take, and made this a little repetitive.

This gets dry in the quieter parts and having some warm pad or reverb fill out the back of those quiet sections would have been good. Some of the instruments like the snare and the bells also get a little piercing and should be toned down in the high frequencies.

That's all I got for ya. I enjoyed this, but too much of a cover I'd say.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Vinnie, pretty cool stuff, nice vocals, but too coverish for OCR.

His production crits are pretty solid as well, but i'll add that the fake guitar sample wasn't doing much for me, and since it had some parts where it was super exposed, it hurt things a bit. Otherwise, things were clean and balanced, it generally worked.

If it was a bit more arranged I could see myself yessing this, but as-is, i gotta give it the no.