*NO* Metroid 'Elevator Musik'

djpretzel

Computer, engage phat b33tz.

Right off the bat, I'm reminded of some of Aphex Twin's more spastic and richer compositions, which is a good thing. Remixes primarily using soundclips have been done before, but rarely this hard and heavy. My only gripe, and I'm sure other judges might harp on this, is that it seems to use the original score, while layering some supplimental material over it (along with the spastic groove). Even if it isn't the original ripped or note for note, the fact that is sounds exact, which I'm sure the artist whole-heartedly intended, might cross some letigious[sic] lines we've laid down somewhere. I'd really have to defer to the other judges on that one. But as it stands now, I'm down wif da noiz.

YES

Very interesting way of putting together a piece. My main issue is take away the drums and there's really nothing here. This needs more work in all the aspects outside the drums. Work on the melody, harmony and bass and expand the concepts. This sounds like a remix, not a rearrangement. Creative work, but this doesn't have enough arrangement in my opinion.

NO

I do agree that the drum and splice work are impressive, but it seems that the beats DO carry this, and a little more variation or original work would add to it. Plus the extra pads that are added at around 2:03 are not quite in the same key as the other music going on. But seriously, killer drumwork. I won't even give this a BIG no. Just a medium one.

NO

D