Kids Running Through the City Corners (recomposition?)

MSL

Hey guys. I'm just curious on your thoughts of this piece. About halfway making this piece for my MIDI class, I realized it sounded a LOT like Kids Running Through the City Corners though some of the chords are different and the melody changes and whatnot. I was wondering if you think this might even count as a "remix." If anything I consider it as how the piece might have been written in a parallel universe lol, so I want to call it a recomposition though it wasn't my intention. There's just unmistakble similarites (key, time signature, and piano accompaniment pattern). It's just VERY influenced from the piece lol.

What do you think? You can listen to it at the link here http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=61740

I think it's good, but you may want to restructure it to make the main theme from the game more prominent if you want to consider it a ReMix. ReMixes have a unique blend of source material and arrangement, and (for my tastes at least) this piece, while good, is a bit heavy on the arrangement. Others may disagree, but I'm just giving you my thoughts.

On a completely unrelated note, the New Age style song ("The Remnants of...") that you have on the page is really cool.

Hey thanks for your input! Well I wasn't really going for an arrangement of the piece to begin with, but I had doubts that this would be considered an original composition because of their unmistakable similarities. It's probably just as short as the original too, since it's meant to loop because I had this in mind for an RPG setting and not a concert setting.

Oh, and glad you like my other piece heh! :D