*NO* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade) 'Level 1'

Palpable

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Tanuki Suit Riot

Your real name: Matt Van Gelder

Your email address: mattvg@gmail.com

Your website: www.myspace.com/tanukisuitriot

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 4478

Submission Information

Title of Song: Burning Building

Name of game(s) arranged: TMNT The Arcade Game

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Level 1: Burning Building

Arranged by Greg Hosharian. Produced by Matt Van Gelder

Link to the original soundtrack www.myspace.com/tanukisuitriot

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

I always loved the first level of Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game. I noticed I never saw a remix of it anywhere and thought our band would do justice to the catchy track. We use live horns in the recording. This is not a mash up, but a rock cover of the original tune! I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we had playing and recording it.

Thanks for your time,

Matt Van Gelder tenor sax / producer of Tanuki Suit Riot

---------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I did like this a fair bit and there's some pretty cool soloing halfway through, but at least half of this is a straight cover, as you admit. On that basis, gotta say NO. This is very cool though and the performances sound great. Recordings could have used some sparkle but the coverishness is the reason I'm saying NO.

NO

Yeah this is definitely cool- production and mixing wise, soem tips would be to bring the tenor up a little in volume when it has the main melody, and getting a little more high end on the snare.

Other than that, the production was pretty solid.

Arrangement is the issue that's holding this back from OCR- it's a sweet cover, no question there, but besides the solos, it really is too close to the source.

I think adding some additional counterpoint, maybe play the theme once through in half time, or add some new harmonies.

I really like it, guys, but I gotta no it. Sorry. :-(

I was gonna say, those sound like live horns, and then I read the submission email :)

Pretty rockin cover, fellas! Love to hear more stuff from you in the future! I thought the mixing/EQ could have used some work, but this is still nothing short of enjoyable, and the performances ranged anywhere from adequate to pretty darn awesome :)

Unfortunately, as already stated, we aren't really in the business of accepting covers, and aside from the solo section, that's pretty much all this is. Perhaps a suggestion when making things more "OCR-friendly", try to work in some solos into the actual melodies themselves. It's the little flourishes and expansions that occur within the melodies that really show off the ways one can rearrange a classic theme into something more their own, while still remaining the overall spirit of the source :)

Anyway, great stuff, sorry we can't really pass it on a technicality, but I hope to hear more from you guys!

NO