Your ReMixer name - Seth Essington

Your real name - Seth Essington

Your email address - 6thhugh@gmail.com

Your website - www.sethessington.org

Your userid - 22889

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged - Metroid Prime

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Chozo Wastelands

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. - Kenji Yamamoto, Gamecube

Link to the original soundtrack - http://www.ocremix.org/game/metroid-prime-gcn/

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's worth noting, that even though he didn't mention it in the submission email, the remixer quite prominently featured a riff from the Brinstar green area in Super Metroid.

Anyway, cutting right to the chase, I have essential two critical gripes for this song:

-Too long.

-Too repetitive.

Trim it down to about 4 - 4 1/2 minutes. There's just not enough in here to keep the song interesting for 7 minutes. And for the repetition, maybe change up the drum pattern and add some fills, and try to not stick to default FL Studio-sounding drum hits the whole time.

Not a bad start, but you gotta change it up and keep it concise!

NO

Anyway, cutting right to the chase, I have essential two critical gripes for this song:

-Too long.

-Too repetitive.

Trim it down to about 4 - 4 1/2 minutes. There's just not enough in here to keep the song interesting for 7 minutes. And for the repetition, maybe change up the drum pattern and add some fills, and try to not stick to default FL Studio-sounding drum hits the whole time.

Not a bad start, but you gotta change it up and keep it concise!

Hate to be glib, but I don't have much more to add. This definitely got boring quickly. That melody at 2:02 isn't as cool as you thought it was. :lol:

Do like BGC said, trim the fat, and add more substance and significant variation to the arrangement. This wasn't a bad start, but develop it further.

NO

Some decent interpretation here, but as the other judges so succinctly mentioned, it is very repetitive. It needs to build and recede, and feel like it is going somewhere. The sounds used seem generally default, and while it's not a total song-killer, in my opinion, the sounds used are static for the entire duration. Mix it up a bit to add interest! :-)

no