*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Final Zone (Final Hour)'

djpretzel

Mustin - Sonic the Hedgehog - Final Zone (Final Hour)

If you can quote me after your introduction, please add this:

"This is a cut that didn't make it onto the album because Masato Nakamura still owns the copyright and does not want to license it (which is why there hasn't been a soundtrack release for Sonic 1 or Sonic 2). You will find other songs from the Sonic the Hedgehog series on OneUp Studios Presents The Very Best of SEGA. For the first time in America, the music of SEGA first party games has been licensed to a company for a compilation, and that company is OneUp Studios. We also worked closely with Yuzo Koshiro to feature two Streets of Rage 2 tracks, and with the creators of ToeJam & Earl for a funky rendition of the main theme. So please enjoy this free track, and check out The Very Best of SEGA at http://oneupstudios.com/albums.php?show=5 and listen to samples from NiGHTS, Sonic CD, Skies of Arcadia, After Burner, and more. We hope you'll enjoy The Very Best of SEGA."

Thanks! If you need any more information please let me know.

-m

Mustin

I'm gonna have to agree on this one. I've heard good Mustin and this doesn't sound like it. And while I respect the constant striving to use instruments in new and innovative ways, I really don't feel this combination meshes well. The piano IS very dry and while there are definite articulations in velocity, it's not much. The pitch bends ARE a bit queer, for the most part with one or two that sound natural. I don't see that this arrangement brings enough new or exciting to the table to pass it. And the part about it being boring, while a bit subjective, I feel, applies well. Sorry.

NO

D