PRC161 - Only one winner: Looking Back in the Journal (Flashback)

Bundeslang

Extended with one day

The People's Remix Competition 161

PRCv7-05

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Have a good and nice 2010

PRC160 was a typical year-end PRC. Last year many songs appeared, but in most cases everyone is busy with Christmas etc. S|r Nuts found some time and made a nice song. Because of that he was the one to select the new source for the first PRC of 2010.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

The classic of this round is PRC76. This PRC won't be remembered by the voting stage even though five remixers entered the contest. The source was Decap Attack – Inventory (Genesis). Sir NutS entered and won (like last PRC). He received more points as Darth Gourry, he was voted second but still he got the last place wooden spoon (huh). The reason: Nasenmann, Nineko and Sologamer submitted a song which wasn't following the rules (MIDI-rip), these three where disqualified. It was the only time it happened in PRC till now. Sir NutS song was called Obnoxious Land of the Normal.

This rounds source

This round, Sir NutS has selected the source.

My pick will be the "Journal" son for flashback (genesis). I played this game back then and it was very good, kinda like out of this world on steroids. Anyways, this one goes to good ol' doulifee too :)."

PRC161.jpg

Flashback (GEN) - Journal son

MIDI

ThaSauce link

It's flashback. I don't know tha game and have never heard of it. I don't know what kind of a game it could be, but it's a Genesis game and has a song in it called Journal. That song wants remixes and hopes that you can do one this week.

Two OC Remixers already, one from 2007 and one from 2003. So why not another in 2010.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY January 11th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

bah, i hate wins by default, you get no feedback, oh well, I predict that the next one will also be a pretty dead PRC, with the Christmas celebrations still going, but I hope some people get interested and drop a mix or two.

You're absolutely right

The winner of PRC161 is Txai with the maximum score

Like PRC160, this is a very slow PRC again. I hope it's just that everyone is busy with new-year things so the next PRC should be a regular PRC with more songs.

I'm happy Txai submitted a nice song, he may select the next source.

Txai, send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM (Click here) before next Friday, January 15th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you, and hopefully more people, next Friday.