Diddy Kong Racing - Shiva Nataraja

Guifrog

Ribbit, ppl!

I've been working on a video game remixes' album, and I'd pretty much like to have a few songs posted on OCRemix, so I decided to ask you for some tips on my following DKR rearrangement:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wmmmqyuwnyg

I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I still think it needs a few changes here and there. For example, I'm not so fond of that accordion =P...

Link to original game track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbp-SZ62OEw

Thanks a lot!!!

How come no1's really commented on this?

I love the percussion you've got going on here. Nice sitar sample (I think that's a sitar anyways lol). Absolutely love the East Indian influences here...feels like World Music clashing with Techno or something.

I think this has potential for being posted. I don't know, I haven't been posted yet, prob for good reason lol. Anyhoo, I still say this is pretty hawt. Def. a keeper :wink:

Yeah, this isn't too bad at all :-D You've got some great percussion, good enough to even give it a solo to bask in its own glory, haha.

Here's some cursory feedback 'cause I'm at school on crappy headphones: the synth and orchestra hits that come in at :36 don't sound like very good samples and kinda stick out like a sore thumb. None of your samples are great but other than those you do a pretty good job working with what you have.

The original writing and how well it transitions into the source is masterfully done, I don't think you'll have many (or any) issues getting this past the judges if you can work on a few of your samples.

Thanks a ton for remixing such an underremixed (but great) game! :grin:

Hey, thanks guys! OCRemix definitely needs a DKR remix >D

Yeah, my main apprehension with that :36 part is the 'guitar-like' sample, as I've had some difficulty to find the best synth to fill that area without losing the song's flow. But, wouldn't that be an impression given after listening to the original track structure?

For now, I've only adjusted a few flute notes that were unaudible at first. Anything else to add, or you do think it's fair enough so I can leave it to the judges? =P