Headache while arranging

Grayburg

example: http://tindeck.com/listen/fluv

no eq: http://tindeck.com/listen/ltne

I don't listen with the volume high.

I've been using EQ to slice off really low, and really high freqs.

I'm not even really that fond of subwoofer-level freqs, so I cut my kicks and bass pretty hard. Practically neutered.

I don't boost my hats and crashes up top. The hats are quieter than I like them.

Does that mean I'm clumping everything in the 200-1000 range too much?

All right. I lowered the volumes a bit, because they're pretty high without Fruity Parametric EQ 2.

I use a little bit of Soundgoodizer on the drums, but I don't use any multiband compressor on the master. Only thing on there atm was EQ 2.

It's like.. I could leave on the original while gaming all day, but when I'm listening to my own, something's just going to get to my ears.

and lol at hearing it un eq'd again. lost touch with some of the sounds with dat eqing.

I do have an mp3 player with earphones, but I always listen to it so quietly, I can only make out the main tune. I'm not fond of them. It does sound like I mix that way, though, so, maybe I unconsciously crave the earphones. lol

I guess it's just in my head.

Thanks for the replies.

You should always try listening at multiple volume levels to see if all is well no matter where you put it at. And of course I mean once you've mastered it at it's loudest volume possible without clipping and you can still hear the kicks and snares and everything at whatever volume with nothing being drowned out. Like I had a problem where I could hear my kicks at a low volume but once i pumped up the volume on my speakers all the other instruments nearly masked them.

But like Moseph said, there's nothing wrong with the un EQed version. So you're sounding good. Keep it up.