Zelda Majora's Mask Medley

Smouvy

Hello people at OCRemix,

a couple of days ago I made a medley of the Zelda game; Majora's Mask.

After having uploaded that, someone told me I should ask you guys for feedback.

Here it is:

What did you think about it, and what do you think I can improve on it, other than the transition between the Kamaro's Dance and the Clock Town melody, because I already know that sucks, but was made because I needed to quickly finish the medley up as it was getting late that day.

Please leave a comment :grin:

Very nice medley. I know it's supposed to be very orchestral but I'd still like to hear SOME sort of percussion in there. Keeping it in the style you're aiming for of course you could limit it to timpani's, cymbals hear and there, bells, things of that nature.

Other than that I quite enjoyed it and I definitely know what you mean about being somewhat limited by your samples(based on a post by you on the youtube channel). But, as has already been said, again in the channel, things like messing with the attack of the strings, and velocities will greatly improve the song as well.

Well, it sounds great. By that I mean the quality of the instruments, etc, sound great. Each individual song is beautifully done, but as a whole the song suffers. It lacks wholeness. It seems like a string of different songs one after another. The sum is not greater than its parts. I don't exactly know how to help you with that, but one way to fix this could be to mix songs that go well together and really work on flowing into the next song. The Sun's Song is the greatest offender. It's so short and pointless as it is now, but if you sprinkled it throughout the song in the background at opportune moments, it would become really cool to hear. I'm not good enough at arranging to suggest anything else, so I hope this helped. I'm sure some other remixers around here could give you some great pointers.

Again, though, it SOUNDS wonderful.

Well, it sounds great. By that I mean the quality of the instruments, etc, sound great. Each individual song is beautifully done, but as a whole the song suffers. It lacks wholeness. It seems like a string of different songs one after another. The sum is not greater than its parts. I don't exactly know how to help you with that, but one way to fix this could be to mix songs that go well together and really work on flowing into the next song. The Sun's Song is the greatest offender. It's so short and pointless as it is now, but if you sprinkled it throughout the song in the background at opportune moments, it would become really cool to hear. I'm not good enough at arranging to suggest anything else, so I hope this helped. I'm sure some other remixers around here could give you some great pointers.

Again, though, it SOUNDS wonderful.

I get exactly what you mean, and I do agree, however, it would pretty much mean that I have to redo the entire song at the least.

I guess I'll redo it completely this weekend, keeping in mind what you said, but keeping true to the base that I already made in this Medley at the same time.

^Read that as: I'll try :<