Untitled

Mirby

Hmm, I think there's some timing issues - I'll skip the production side of this for now, since you're new to the pain of making music x_x.

Anyways, the bassline is what's conflicting the most with the guitar melody. The timing clashes, and the key is slightly off. The drums are also totally not cohering to the time signature at all. Sounds like my very first composition :puppyeyes:

I think the best way to learn timing/time sigs is actually to rip a midi file and examine it. Preferably a source tune that is 4/4 timing...(which has a beat of 1 2 3 4) , easiest way to learn how to do drums and other instruments imo.

As a last note, the track lacks direction and seems to be trapped in limbo - it doesn't really progress. Still, this is more cogent than my first ever piece haha. Just practise and learn and you'll get there eventually...hopefully faster than me lol.

I think the best way to learn timing/time sigs is actually to rip a midi file and examine it. Preferably a source tune that is 4/4 timing...(which has a beat of 1 2 3 4) , easiest way to learn how to do drums and other instruments imo.

Looking at what other people did doesn't teach you rhythm.

You can't just look at 1 2 3 4 and then suddenly become a rhythm genius.

You need to listen to music and feel how all rhythm works in music, because there's much more to it than 1 2 3 4

Looking at what other people did doesn't teach you rhythm.

You can't just look at 1 2 3 4 and then suddenly become a rhythm genius.

You need to listen to music and feel how all rhythm works in music, because there's much more to it than 1 2 3 4

4/4 is the easiest way to start learning - just don't stick to it solely like me :lol:

Or...I guess you could read a whole theory book on time sigs. Listening helps too :D

4/4 is the easiest way to start learning - just don't stick to it solely like me :lol:

Or...I guess you could read a whole theory book on time sigs. Listening helps too :D

Listening's the best way to do it... xD

Or you can also just look at a 16 X 12 piano roll grid, keep kicks on down beat, toms for in betweens, snares for upbeats and hi hats in their own cool patterns. That's basic drum advice, right there.