*NO* Total Annihilation 'Unreal Annihilation'

djpretzel

hi djpretzel,

i would like to submit this piece to your awesome site. but before i go any further, i should explain a couple things:

i'm involved in the making of a game called 'unreal annihilation' (http://ua.tauniverse.com). it's a mod for the unreal engine, and is a remake of the RTS game, 'total annihilation' by cavedog. the song i created is for this mod. while it isn't a remake of any song in particular, i was trying to imitate the style that jeremy soule used for the original total annihilation soundtrack. i'm not sure whether or not that qualifies this song to be on your website, but i wanted to try anyway; i've been inspired to submit something ever since i heard the track that jeremy soule himself submitted here! here's a link to the song:

if it does get on your site, you can credit it to Neil Benjamin. my handle on the site is 'nineinchneil'. you can list this email address too: nineinchneil67@yahoo.com, and my website, which is: .

for the most part i tried to stay away from samples that sounded synthetic, but they managed to get in anyway! my main influences for this was the original 'total annihilation' soundtrack, and the 'mechwarrior 2' soundtrack. it took me four days, from concept to end result. i was also working on a chrono cross remix, but that's been put on hold for a bit due to lack of time. if this doesn't make it, at least i hope you enjoy it. thank you,

neil benjamin

Hmm...this mix suffers from poor samples and a somewhat underexplored arrangement.

i feel like it could be good enough if either of the problems were fixed, but they add up to a NO.

The samples just ruin the dynamics that are necessary for an orchestral remix like this.

the feel is heavy throughout and it doesnt really let up, in some places it gets quite repetitive.

it has an interesting feel, but it's underdeveloped and unpolished.

You obviously know what you're doing.

Unfortunately the sound quality and audio clicks and pops in the song mean that this is below oc standards. With better sound quality and no audio glitches, I would have given this a yes - and then there would be a discussion on whether your mix should be accepted even though it wasn't a remix of a particular song in the game. But as it stands,

NO

• 2 weeks later...