Chrono Cross "Clock Stoppa"

noTuX

Yeah, its a stupid title, but I cant think of anything right now. :-{

Anyway, this is a rearrangement of "The Girl Who Stole the Stars," from Chrono Cross. This is an experimental (at least for me) piece, so it sounds kinda crazy compared to my previous songs.

I cant really say too much about it cause I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Check it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kjjimdigfnz

One of my favorite songs from Chrono Cross. I actually like the feel of this, but I feel like you could beef up the sound scape a bit and tuck in some more sounds in different frequencies to make it sound more full. (I'm not sure how or where you would do this, it sounds sort of thin overall to me at least.)

Maybe consider changing up the lead melody instrumentation to something other than just the piano and vibe sound in part of the song to add some variation also.

I think its a cool take on it though; we actually did an arrangement of this for an electro-acoustic percussion concert at my college based on one of the remixes on this website.

This is really weird, haha. Great source tune, and some good instrumental choices. I'm not feeling all of the drum sounds that you used - I don't know enough about drums to give you the exact names, so maybe someone can help me out? Some of them just break the otherwise-cohesive soundscape that you've got going on. The glitch effects don't necessarily seem as tight as they could be, again maybe someone with more experience can expand on what I'm getting at here :\

Cool mood, great concept, and nice sounds though :-) Hope to hear this one moving along nicely, it's got a tons of potential!

I think its a cool take on it though; we actually did an arrangement of this for an electro-acoustic percussion concert at my college based on one of the remixes on this website.

Sounds kinda cool. Did someone record it? I wouldn't mind taking a listen.

This is really weird, haha. Great source tune, and some good instrumental choices. I'm not feeling all of the drum sounds that you used - I don't know enough about drums to give you the exact names, so maybe someone can help me out? Some of them just break the otherwise-cohesive soundscape that you've got going on. The glitch effects don't necessarily seem as tight as they could be, again maybe someone with more experience can expand on what I'm getting at here :\

Yeah, I kinda understand. Some of the sounds in the drum work stick out a bit more than others. Especially, when they stutter. I'll work on the volume levels so those sounds wont be so distracting.

I'll probably be adding a bassline to fill out some of the soundscape.

• 1 month later...