Windows 7 freezing issue

Cerrax

I've been researching this problem for months to no avail and was just wondering who on here has had this problem and possibly a solution?

Whenever I browse the internet (on IE or Firefox) for more than about 15-20 minutes, the computer completely freezes. I always have to do a hard reset. I've checked event logs and there's no error (besides improper shutdown) and it's really REALLY annoying and is not healthy for the system.

I've tried everything. Some say it's the new Firefox that causes it. I downgraded and still freezes. Others claim it is the anti-virus I'm using. I switched it, still no help. Still others claim it's a bad nvidia driver. Updated to the newest driver and still bad.

Any help at all?

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

2 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Well I shut off all of my Firefox add-ons and was online for about an hour with no freezing. Seems like I'll have to go through my Firefox add-ons and see which one is causing the problem.

I know I don't have any viruses, and turning off the add-ons seems to have done the trick so far. Thanks for the suggestions. If it starts happening again I'll probably post caps of the process manager and see if anyone finds anything strange.

AVG 8.5 Anti-Spyware and LinkGaurd

AdBlock Plus

YouTube Downloader

I heard that the AVG might be the problem. So far it seems to be right.

Have you considered upgrading AVG 8.5 Anti-spyware to 9.0..? It is as far as I know the most recent version out there...

Or perhaps this only applies to the Anti-virus, as I use malwarebytes for spyware issues.

Windows 7 has been pretty nice for me so far, but I don't use it on the internet. I've been having a "systemconfiguration" change that nullifies all of my registered programs in the registry. Meaning I have to update the serials for all of my programs when it happens. I don't know what is causing it, something about the "hardwarefingerprint changing"

Note it may be worth noting that I am using a "trial" version of Win 7 that hasn't been activated yet