*NO* Xenogears 'Welcome to the Human Race'

OceansAndrew

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name : John Revoredo & Paul Weaps

Your email address : yesterdaygeneration1750@hotmail.com (John)

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 9896 (john) , Paul has no profile yet

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged : Xenogears

Name of individual song(s) arranged : Stage of Death

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: Making this piece was kinda fun. I remember seeing how much love 31 seconds got, and decided a try to do something similar. After creating the whole thing, I asked my friend Paul if he could put some guitars into it. It took him a really long time, but we're both happy with the result (plus...I can barely recall when this piece was finished...probably somewhere back in 2008.). Also, I gotta thank avaris, and the whole team behind Humans & Gears : Xenogears remixed, for creating such an awesome product. We're both, Paul and I, proud of being featured in it!

Thanks for reading this out, and excuse me if the format of the text is not the most adequate! ^_^

John

source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3UnCYQAOJ8

While I like some of the ideas in this, it comes across too disjointed. As far as I heard, the string pattern used from 0:13-0:15 is the only thing tying this to the original, and the guitar noodling and random clips don't fit that well, they really pull this too far away from Stage of Death. Just wasn't feeling it. I think some sort of electronic hip-hop type beat would have suited this better than a rock drumkit - might have tied it all together, since this sounds so sampley and mish-mash. Production-wise, this isn't all there either. You've got parts like 0:34 where it sounds very full yet still missing some frequency range. Some of the timing should be adjusted to get everything in sync.

The ideas in this are really cool, but I think it could have been reined in more. Not there yet for me, guys.

NO (resubmit)

The concept of this is really cool, and I love the guitar playing, but it took me several listens to make the connections to the source, and even then it feels exceptionally liberal to me. I agree with Vinnie that all the cool stuff added to this takes away from the source on a fundamental level. Production was decent, but there were a few parts that seemed to be missing frequency parts.

It's a really cool song, but it doesn't feel like a ReMix to me. :-(

Sorry guys.

no

I'll have to echo the above statements. Right now the connection to the source is very limited, and because of that it's pretty difficult to really hear a solid connection between your arrangement and the original. The track is a cool listen, and there's a lot of good things going on. The guitar playing is pretty good, although it treads a bit too much into noodling at times for my tastes. The track has a really urgent feeling to it, which is pretty cool, as well.

The timing of parts at times is just slightly off, I'd take a close up look to sync things up a little better. It's not a huge issue to me, but it is just enough to be noticeable. Also, take a look at the frequency issue the guys above mentioned.

It's a nice track, but it's a ways away from being a remix at this point and time. NO