Apollo

Apollo Merriwether

apollomerriwether@gmail.com

http://furaffinity.net/user/apollomerriwether

User ID: 31405

Submission Information

Game: Startropics

It Was For The Children

This song is one of many that I wrote for a Startropics remake project that is still underway; a friend suggested I submit one to you for approval. As it's one of many, I decided to submit this tune because I feel it is the best composition of the lot, has the most interpretation of any of the themes, and is the most song-like with less repetition than the other themes (which were written to repeat). Feel free to browse the rest of the tracks posted at the website above, as they're all quite good, I think. But this one, Saving A World, is the official submission. Hope you enjoy.

source:

What I like about this track is that it holds a lot of emotion, and I think that you've really brought out and expanded that emotion in your mix. The track also keeps a firm grip on the source, yet still has some expansion, including some nice counter-melodies.

However, this track includes 2 repetitions of the same thing, and a repeat-fade-out for the ending. Right now this track is meant for the remake of the game, not really as a stand-alone for our site. If you were to cut out the second repeat, the track would be about 2:30 long. I think there is plenty of room for you to expand more on the melodies, which you had a great start of with what you have, and you need to add a better ending.

While this track has a lot of emotion in it, as it is right now the entire track feels very rigid. I think you could really get some more out of it by humanizing the different parts, the piano and harp playing especially. I'm not a fan of the delay on the synth parts, it makes the entire section muddy to me.

I think this a great start, and a nice remake, but it's not something suitable for OC ReMix as it is. Please consider doing some revisions and resubmitting! NO (resubmit)

I like the opening a lot, but the track as a whole needs a bit more energy. It's mixed a bit quiet and quite dark. The synths are drowned in delay, and since they are relatively dark, it makes it just a wash.

The arrangement is pretty good, if a bit sparse and not terribly dynamic. I'd focus first on cleaning up the mix.

NO

The intro itself is really long, and once the piano started out at the 25% point, it was pretty nice, if a bit subdued, but once it shifted to a more synth-based feel, I wasn't as into it. The melodic synth itself is really blunted, and doesn't carry the tune very strongly. Vig's choice of words with 'wash' is good. It's just all very indistinct.

I think that as a remake of the soundtrack, it works pretty good, but for OCR, additional arrangement and expansion is required.

no, please resubmit