Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Dj Mystix

Your real name Mansoor Nazar

Your email address snake9677@yahoo.com

Your userid 11757 (DjMystix)

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged Streets of Rage

Name of individual song(s) arranged Keep the groovin'

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

Composeer : Yuzo koshiro

System : Sega Genesis

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

Original :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHzHVbNS2w

Comments:

A tribute from a fan, for the fans!

This time, I remixed the track "Keep it Groovin" from Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis 1991). I always considered streets of rage's sound track as one of the best of all time and this specific track is my favorite of the series. I've attempted a blend of light hip-hop, chillout and groovy music for this remix.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHzHVbNS2w

The beatboxing in the beginning is great. Very creative and well done. However, as soon as the synth brass comes in, I'm groaning. Way too much delay. You've got to scrap that instrument. The mix is alright but you probably want to bring up the bass.

Other issues: the piano sounds really fake. It's unnaturally sequenced and too compressed. The writing is okay, but you've got a little too much unsupported melodic writing. Bringing up the bass would help a lot, but so would adding a pad instrument here and there.

NO

Agreeing with Jesse here. You've got a great start, but the mix feels pretty empty overall. I'd like to hear some other parts or some more supporting material to fill out the soundscape a bit more. The beatboxing is really cool though.

I will agree on the brass, right now it's not only got a lot delay on it, and I'm not crazy about the sound overall. Aside from that, a lot of the parts feel too rigid in their playing. It would add a lot to get this more humanized.

You're on the right track with this, just fix up the production, and think about filling up the soundscape.

NO (resubmit)

And a third vote that loves the ideas and beatboxing, but thinks it could be improved on the production end. It's all been touched on already; too much delay on the brass sample, not enough bass presence, more humanized performances (though the guitar sounded pretty good to me, actually), and some of the snare's high end needs to be toned down.

The arrangement is pretty cool, and the general soundscape you are going for is definitely cool, it just needs to be polished and filled out a bit.

no, please resubmit