Donkey Kong Country 3 (Stilt Village)

Anorax

That may not be the title of the piece, and I may change it constantly in the coming days. But anyway, here it is.Stilt attitude.

Please scream in rage and horror at the terrible form it has taken so far.

Or, if you wish, you can alternatively comment (unbiased - or biased, if you wish) so I can improve it based on how you respond.

Basically, listen and comment.

Well, I'm not gonna lie, this is really rough :| Very few of your instrument parts are lining up, timing-wise, which makes the mix feel chaotic, random, and kind of difficult to listen to.

I don't mean to discourage you from remixing but I think it would do you some good to study the rudimentary basics of music theory on your own or find a teacher that can help you on a much more fundamental level. There's a few moments where things seem to line up alright, but I think the kind of soloing and countermelodies you're attempting to pull off here are pretty ambitious. If I were you, I'd regress into some simpler source tunes until you get the hang of remixing before you try and tackle something like Stilt Village.

Sorry for coming across as harsh, but there's only so much advice that can be given here - going back and learning more about music theory and composition in general would be much more beneficial to you, I think.

Yeah i can't really add much to what emunator said, i think one of the fundament issues here is the lack of quantisation. Someimes over quantisation can really make things sound robotic, but i think in this case it would really tidy things up, then you could tweek timings to give it a more human feel.

Also are you playing this in with a metronome, the drums especially sound far too relaxed.

Finally, yeah i reckon there's too much going on here, try stripping away some of the instruments which are just playing the counter melodies and other less important parts for now, so you can just focus on the main melody, then build the other parts gradually and gently around that.

Hope that helps, keep on remixing and try and use any advice you're given and you'll soon improve.