"Norfair You Cheated!"

Cam3leon

This is my first post on OCRemix, so bear with me as I'm learning the ropes of posting here.

Anywho, I was bored and whipped up this little rendition of the original Norfair theme from Metroid (NES). This joint doesn't get as much play as it deserves, compared to the Super Metroid version (still great though). So with that in mind, here ya go :)

Original version: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/327199

P.S. Yeah....I went there (referring to the title :D)

Yay, more original Metroid love. :D

Overcompressed, source+added stuff on top, simplistic sound design (with the exception of the background stuff, which is pretty cool)... If you're aiming for ocr, you've got a bit of work ahead of you.

Bring down the volume on all channels, experiment with sound design, work on your mixing. You should learn how effects like compressors and EQ should be used. Start with what weird things you can do with them, then work on how you can improve your mix with them. Same with the synths and samples you're using, make weird things, then make useful things. Learn your tools. And have fun doing it. :D