Accurate FF MIDI files

Ravich

To cut right to the point, sometimes I just like to remaster oldschool FF tracks with modern sample libraries. I have yet to find collections of MIDI files for FF games that are accurate with the ONE exception of FFVII.

All other sources I have tried (all of them) are clearly fan made and rarely have files that are reasonable accurate all of the way through.

Anyone here able to help me out with converting PSF files into MIDI? There is a program called PGconv available only in Japanese that I have managed to find. It is supposed to be able to convert PSF files into MIDI data, but even after getting a friend to translate the Japanese from the program for me, there is a needed clg file that know one knows anything about. That is, there is an input for the psf file as well as a "convert" button, but... where the hell am I supposed to get the clg file, whatever it does?

Anyway, I thought it would be worth asking here, since there are some FFT tracks that I'd really like to mess around with, and I'm just not willing to buckle down and do them by ear yet.

To cut right to the point, sometimes I just like to remaster oldschool FF tracks with modern sample libraries. I have yet to find collections of MIDI files for FF games that are accurate with the ONE exception of FFVII.

FF7's PC version actually used MIDI, so it's not surprising that it's the only accurate set you can find.