Super Metroid - Red Eye Brinstar

Hey all. Long time listener, first time poster. I've recently put the finishing touches on a remix of Brinstar's Red Soil Area song, from Super Metroid. I feel like I'm ready to start getting professional feedback, so any comments are welcome so long as they are constructive.

The song can be heard on my drop.io page:

http://drop.io/Kabukimusic/asset/red-eye-brinstar

• 2 weeks later...

The organs from 0:28 and on are pretty ugly. I love the intro though, and the formant lead after it too. I wish the bassline was louder, right now you can barely hear it go up from Eb to E, because the rhythm part playing Eb Ab Eb Eb Ab Db is so much louder than the bass.

The lead that comes in after 2 minutes is way too loud.

The part with the distorted lead sounds incredibly lo-fi, except for that fast-panning synth, which doesn't fit in at all there. I guess filtering those drums was intentional, but it doesn't work for whatever reason.

The whistle outro is every bit as awesome as the intro, even though I think the vibrato is a little too strong/fast, even before that final note.

There are some amazing sections in this remix, but the more upbeat sections need some more work, and could really be taken out entirely for all I care. Don't give up on this.

Yeah I look like an idiot right about now. I posted this up, and didn't see it on the thread list for like a week, so I posted it again figuring I'd done something wrong. I check back today and find the original thread I made has shown up. I'm a derp.

Thanks for your input Dafydd. I'm definitely not done with this, it seems the general consensus is that the upbeat parts aren't as good as the other sections.