Please help :( my flp is corrupted!

I have been working on this rave song for about a month now and while I was saving, my laptop died right after I hit save. Can I save it? how? FL STUDIO 9 I was using nexus 2 also.

PLEASE HELP ME :((((((:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Here is the file http://rapidshare.com/files/390785575/Booyakasha.flp.html

it can only be downloaded 10 times so only dl if you want to help. I REALLY NEED THIS TO BE FIXED BECAUSE ITS GOING ON ITUNES :(

I will include a shoutout to you in the song if you help me fix it/fix it.

First, go to this path and see if there's a project file:

C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 9\Trash bin

Copy this file into your projects folder (and rename it), then see if it's the right project file.

When you save over a previous version of a project file, it automatically stores the previous file here as a precaution. This only works if you haven't worked on any other projects since this corrupted one.

Hopefully this will would as it's the best way to recover a corrupted file. There are a few other options, but they get progressively worse as you go.

EDIT: By the way, I always recommend you save new versions of your project as you make significant changes via File > Save New Version. I've had over 40 versions of a single song in the past :).

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I save new versions of my files as I'm working on them as well. And I usually do this in most programs I work on. I always save backup versions of my files because no matter what the software, sometimes it corrupts the file usually during the saving process and screws you over.