What's the easiest way to sell an online album?

AARRRGH! I hate computers! I started setting up a song to be released on cd baby, I made a mistake, and I just want to cancel what I've got going so far and start over. But there's no obvious way of how to do that? I haven't finalized it yet. I click the View/edit link on the track on the dashboard, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to clean slate. The interesting thing is that you have to commit to the credit card payment before it gets finalized. But whatever. Losing 9 bucks doesn't bother that much if it's for the sake of the learning curve. The thing that really bothers me is that I CAN'T MAKE A SIMPLE DELETION! And I had another problem, but I can't remember it now. Anyway, does anyone know what to press to remove stuff? The contract says that I need to send them a withdrawal notice, but it's not even finalized and posted. I don't know.

Edit: I remember the other thing that was on my mind. CDBaby suggests flac files because of its lossless quality. Do you know where I can get a codec or a player for flac files? I've got them in the form of flac files but now I can't listen to them. Hahaha. A couple things I downloaded SHOULD have given me flac support on Windows Media Player, but it still won't play them.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Uhh... If you're uploading anything other than a .WAV, you're probably making a mistake.

I dunno shit about .FLAC except SOME people want it (not most) and that Bandcamp will make them for the SOME people taht want them when you download it.

Good luck.

Are WAVEs really the way to go? Because they're huge, the customers will take a long time download won't they? If only SOME people prefer FLACs to WAVEs then I'll totally agree with you.

I was just able to fix the flac problem I was having by downloading winamp.

What Vinnie said.

WAV is basically the standard for lossless audio. It's also the best format as a starting point for encoding to any other (ie: MP3, OGG, FLAC, etc). So once you send CD Baby a WAV, they'll use it as a master for making all the other formats they're going to distribute.

FLAC is lossless too, but it's not as widely supported and it probably has to be converted back to WAV before you encode it to anything else anyway. Is CD Baby really asking you to upload FLAC? Because that doesn't sound right to me. If I recall, there's two ways to get them the tracks for digital distribution: 1) Mail them a CD with your tracks on it, or; 2) Upload WAVs.

CD Baby has pretty good customer service from my experience, so if you're still having problems just send them an email.

And dial-up? Damn... That sucks.

Oy. Don't get me started. :-(

I THINK I have done everything correctly to get my album properly uploaded. So now... what? They don't really do a good job of telling you exactly the steps you need to take to do things. I assume that I just need to wait for them to do their encoding, etc. but they don't even give you a message on the screen that tells you that's what's happening. I just hope I don't wait for a week and then realize that there was another step I needed to take care of before they could get it set up. Ugh.

On the plus side, if I have gotten everything done correctly, this looks like it's gonna be really promising. I'm starting to get excited over here.

I THINK I have done everything correctly to get my album properly uploaded. So now... what? They don't really do a good job of telling you exactly the steps you need to take to do things. I assume that I just need to wait for them to do their encoding, etc. but they don't even give you a message on the screen that tells you that's what's happening. I just hope I don't wait for a week and then realize that there was another step I needed to take care of before they could get it set up. Ugh.

On the plus side, if I have gotten everything done correctly, this looks like it's gonna be really promising. I'm starting to get excited over here.

Yeah I thought it was pretty unclear what to do next, when we did it. Don't worry, they will send you an e-mail when everything is encoded and set up so you can finalize it.