Interface (Win7 64-bit compatibility)

The interface I have now is not working on Windows 7 64-bit which means I'm out of luck for recording anything until I find a replacement. This is bad, because I've got a lot of projects right now that want stuff done. :-(

I was looking at this as a possible replacement: http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=970

The one I have now is this: http://www.alesis.com/io26

So yeah, the change in those 2 is huge. I will have a lot less to work with if I get the smaller interface, BUT THE MAIN THING is that it HAS TO ACTUALLY WORK. You know what I mean? :-P I'd rather have a smaller thing that works than a big thing that doesn't.

So to all people with Win7 and 64-bit who record instruments with an interface, what do you use? What could you recommend? I don't have a large budget. My budget is very small. Edirol is $225 and recommended by Usa, an audio engineer who doesn't use 64-bit win7 afaik. :-x

I have the Firebox and it works perfectly in 7 64.

I'm a little confused when it comes to USB vs. Firewire. I know they say firewire is better. I'm not completely sure why my firewire Alesis interface isn't working. I'm sure they wouldn't release drivers if they were completely nonsense. Is there a way I could tell if it is a problem with the computer instead of the interface? It worked ok with XP but then again what didn't. xD

I just installed an old USB Toneport UX1 that was laying around... If I set it as the audio device in Cubase, I can record with it but I hear no audio... if I set the audio device to my speakers I can hear my music but there's no Toneport functionality. So... I don't know what to do there, you can't choose dual audio devices in Cubase for some weird reason. I need an interface that can both record and run the audio through my speakers. o_o

I'm a little confused when it comes to USB vs. Firewire. I know they say firewire is better. I'm not completely sure why my firewire Alesis interface isn't working. I'm sure they wouldn't release drivers if they were completely nonsense. Is there a way I could tell if it is a problem with the computer instead of the interface? It worked ok with XP but then again what didn't. xD

firewire drivers in w7 were completely changed around, which is why most people have to revert back to the xp drivers to get stuff to work.

that said, presonus (and focusrite, the brand i use) both recently updated their driversets to be w7 compatible. so it works fine.