Pokémon D/P/Pt Legendary Trio Battle ReMix

Youtube sound quality is pretty bad. Get you something like tindeck (free)

Maybe it's pitch bending or something beyond my ability to understand (my theory is pretty weak). But there are places in this that sound 'sour' from being off pitch. Like chords or notes outside the key signature. Some of the low 'sweeps' also get this feeling. Ex. 0:49

The entire mix seems to get kinda samey for the length, it could use some change ups to keep things fresh.

Along the lines of keeping thins fresh, some filter/volume/morph automatons would go a long way.

Mix seems to be missing low end sounds. Especially in the kick drum. I'm also missing the sounds a dedicated low end instrument would add.

It's a great start, some fun ideas in there. Be sure to link a source with it.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Youtube sound quality is pretty bad. Get you something like tindeck (free)

Maybe it's pitch bending or something beyond my ability to understand (my theory is pretty weak). But there are places in this that sound 'sour' from being off pitch. Like chords or notes outside the key signature. Some of the low 'sweeps' also get this feeling. Ex. 0:49

Along the lines of keeping thins fresh, some filter/volume/morph automatons would go a long way.

Mix seems to be missing low end sounds. Especially in the kick drum. I'm also missing the sounds a dedicated low end instrument would add.

Hope this helps. ;-)

My computer blocks tindeck automatically :(

As for the "sour" sound at 0:49, i think you're referring to the blend between the bass line and the F# played by the lead synth simultaneously. That is only temporary dissonance. I placed that note delibrately and specifically; its a chromatic desent until the last note, which is a Db.

As for volume automations, i guess i should put some more on the drums, shouldnt i? lol

As for low end sounds, idk what would be missing, its got constant bass, constant (and really low) chordal sounds in the background. If you're referring to a brass instrument, i am very limited as to what i have in low end instruments there. As for the kick drum, that is also very limited in sound. The way garageband processes it, the real kick drum would not fit in at all. I have it on a "techo" kick drum, which is actually in frequent use.

thank you for the suggestions, though the picture you have makes it seem like you pity the WIP people. XD

Eh, only if by pity you mean get annoyed at the lack of comments and crits :sad:

I get bass off the kick drum, I dunno. I'm looking back at what I wrote and it doesn't sound like I wrote what it sounds like :puppyeyes: I've been known to have more than one tab open and leave the wrong post on the wrong thread when I'm listening to more than one thing and going back and forth... Hell who knows at this point, I think you got half of a post for this, half for something else. Or you changed it all ninja style :wink: either way, not a problem now.

Eh, only if by pity you mean get annoyed at the lack of comments and crits :sad:

I get bass off the kick drum, I dunno. I'm looking back at what I wrote and it doesn't sound like I wrote what it sounds like :puppyeyes: I've been known to have more than one tab open and leave the wrong post on the wrong thread when I'm listening to more than one thing and going back and forth... Hell who knows at this point, I think you got half of a post for this, half for something else. Or you changed it all ninja style :wink: either way, not a problem now.

LOL i think i changed it ninja style :D Idk, i understand what you mean with the bass drum, that part pertains; you want a deeper, louder kick drum which unfortuantely is not provided very well on garageband. It does seem sort of half and half tho; the volumoe modulation thing seemed to throw me for a loop. LOL well anyways thanks for your "half-critque" :D