Killer Instinct - Main Theme

Tex

This is from 2009 (pretty old), but I figured I should post it somewhere so it don't just gather dust on the hard drive. Wish I could replace a few samples here and there. Sadly, source file was lost in a HDD failure.

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/uyvt

Guitar by Rodrigo Nepomuceno from 8 Bit Instrumental. I almost lost this one but he sent it to me again.

I'm very familiar with the source and I have covered it myself, so hopefully I know what I'm talking about here.

Production: I like the instrument choices, there's a good variety of sounds happening and it is a huge contrast to the original. I wouldn't know how to classify this style-wise, it has a bit of everything, which could be interpreted as a good or bad thing. The only instrument I had a problem with was the orchestral hit, it felt a bit weak and out of place to me.

Arrangement: There's a lot of interpretation here, but the main chord progression and melodies were present. It kind of felt like each section was entirely different from the previous ones. So while they sounded great on thier own, I didn't feel a general flow to the song.

It's a shame you lost the file, because this wouldn't be accepted as it is due to the file size and possible length issues.

As a side note, the intro sounds like the Street Fighter Hadouken theme, I'm sure that wasn't intentional but I just had to mention it.