OCR01248 - *YES* Gargoyle's Quest 'Gargoyle on Broadway'

djpretzel

Hello :)

Your ReMixer name : Nixdorux

Your real name : Nicolas Ferranti

Your email address : ferranti@urbanet.ch

Your website : None

Your userid : ?

Name of game(s) ReMixed : Gargoyle's Quest (Game Boy)

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Gargoyle in Broadway

A remix of the music of end with infuances of Gershwin...

Remix adress :

greetings !

YES! Gershwin!

Orchestra set doesn't sound too good, but the technique is there. HAH. I like the bassy piano. Thats totally gershwinish.

Its so damned quiet though.

Anyway, I really liked this. Huge fan of gershwin. The influence is totally there. Remix is variant, flowing, changing, always interesting. Brass is well done.

Obviously YES

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/garquest.zip - GBS Track 14

I pimped this one back in early August for VG Frequency:

Liontamer]Nixdorux (Nicolas Ferranti) - Gargoyle's Quest "Gargoyle in Broadway" [VGMix2 #2026]

It's Nicolas, and he's NOT doing Zelda. Well, damn, you know I had to check it out just to see how his skills would translate to another game's work. Here's some very beautiful and upbeat orchestral work that features a lot of movement and development, even sounding at some of the more low-key sections like something that could belong in a movie featuring simpler city life in 1920/30s America. Bah, who knows where I get my mental imagery sometimes. Things even seemed like they would go towards a more militaristic slant by the 2:40 mark, and I said "Here comes the usual", yet Nix actually used that buildup very briefly to segue into his conclusion. A very cool piece from a game I'm not familiar with myself, but you orchestral fans owe it to yourself to sample this one.

Now that I've heard the source material, I appreciate the conversion done here even more. Very good stuff, worthwhile imagery, a good change of pace from how Nicolas has usually structured his material, and an easy YES.

Really annoying audio crackle at 2:58, especially on headphones. Though I suppose that's nitpicking. As long as it doesn't affect the whole mix or in too many instances it's passable.

This is quite good overall. Good orchestration all around. Production values are well above passable. I have no reason to decline this.

YES

Impressive rearrangement of a Gameboy song. I never liked the sparse simplicity of most .gbs tunes; good arrangements of them are especially apparent. However, this particular theme is rather complex; this is a good orchestration of it, though I'm not fond of the more messy strings and piano parts. Finer spatial mixing and production would have helped that considerably.

Anyway, YES