Kamelot 'Poetry for the Poisoned' first review UP!

AkumajoBelmont

So first online review of Kamelots' new album 'Poetry for the Poisoned' is up... and has received a perfect 20 out of 20.

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Kamelot-nom_album-Poetry_for_the_Poisoned-l-en.html

The album is available through the usual channels also... but this is an absolute day one-no brainer purchase for me. I own all their albums up till now too, but I'll be acquiring the album before then because the wait will be just too unbearable.

As soon as I've got it, and given it a couple of listens, I'll chime in with my thoughts.

Man, soooooo excited :D Anyone else pumped to all hell?

Listened to half of the album so far, and I'm completely rapt. Poetry for the Poisoned is fantastic, as is the everything up to House on a Hill... listening to that track at the moment. Simone Simons always impresses.

I'm definitely loving it so far... I don't know if I'd say that there's a LOT of ballads... there's more mid-tempo numbers that's for sure, but Kamelot have always been different to their peers. You take them as they are, and they've always stood out to me as beyond their 'genre'. The Great Pandemonium seems like a very natural progression for them. Calling upon many a sound they have delivered in the past, yet sounding very, very different whilst doing so.

And Khan's voice is, once again, superb. I'm glad that he's hitting the higher registers more often than he did on Ghost Opera... his falsetto is second to none, and some of vocal stylings really take me back to Karma and Epica.

Ok, just listened to Necropolis and My Train of Thoughts... wow.

I'm putting this up there with The Black Halo. Lyrically, this is quite a step above Ghost Opera. I love that album dearly, but I don't feel lyrically it was as strong as what had come before. This remedies that and then some.

Colour me impressed. In my eyes, they still stand heads and shoulders above the rest.