My Ridia - Lower Maridia Remix

ncocs

There comes a point where ppl don't care about a wip thread that has been going on for a while already. You're probably at that point. You're posting what to us sounds pretty much the same as the last version, with some minor edits. You still rely on other ppl's ears to point out what you need to fix. Work on your ears, learn to hear problems, learn to tell what works and what doesn't. You'll work faster and better if you don't have to run everything by the wip board.

You've still got volume problems, especially between the soft bg bell notes and the guitar. The guitar doesn't sound very good anyway, needs humanization - making it sound more human, more performed, more real.

Even with a conservative arrangement, you can deviate from it more if it makes the track better. Add stuff, like a crazy pitch-shifting pad, some percussion with delay, a countermelody or plain chords, whatever. Just make sure it keeps the track interesting.

This might suck to hear, but it's imo the smartest thing I can tell you: Start over. With what you've learned now, both about the source and about your tools and skills, you'll be able to produce something better much faster. You're still at the point where you're learning. This should help you learn faster. :)

Ok. I'll start over. :sad:

Whatever. So from now on, you can pretend this thread is called, "Finished My Ridia V.1 - Lower Maridia Remix."

I've got the rest of today and tomorrow off from school, so I've got that time to get up a new WiP.

I'll start a new thread, so look out for that.